Coupla points. I have too many guns and don't take requests for photos. If you're not sure what a Caprivi looks like, Crosnoe has one listed for sale online for something like $2850 without a scope. Mine has much nicer wood, which is why I bought it. I could send photos to interested buyers with or without the Leupold. If I ever get around to cataloging my guns maybe I'll post photos of the more interesting ones. Just a bit of a history lesson, here's a photo of my Argentine:

[Linked Image]

One hundred seventy thousand of these were built by DWM in 1909-1910:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Waffen_und_Munitionsfabriken

They are the epitome of bolt action military rifles:

http://www.gunscollecting.com/english/long-guns/1909-argentine-mauser/

Mine was shipped in a crate from Berlin to Argentina, but was never used. Interarms imported these guns to Alexandria, VA in the 70's. From there, it made it's way to Pachmayr Gun Works in downtown LA, which has since closed. I bought it in the original factory cosmoline in 1979. I removed the cosmoline, loaded for it, and once shot a 1.25" five shot group at 100 yards with iron sights with Sierra's 150 gr bullet at 3003FPS. Here's the only photo I have of it, but it's near mint and in much better condition than the one shown in the link above:

I don't really know how much it's worth, but I'd guess ~$1500, maybe more. Many of these were cannabalized for their actions, many were used by the Argentine army, etc, so very few survived in high condition. Bob Milek used one as a basis for a custom rifle and wrote a three part article about it in the late 70's. It's superior to the highly regarded Model 70 in many ways. But enough about that.

4ager, please shorten your posts. I can only wade through so much of your crap at a time. So, if you really want people to read your stuff, limit it to three sentences.

Last edited by Paddler; 01/31/16.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope