I am also going to agree to disagree with many of my Alaskan brethen. There are stacks of various factory loadings of 35 Whelen in five Sportsman's Warehouse stores(Juneau, Anchorage, Soldotna, Wasilla and Fairbanks). Alaska Ammo and Frontier Outfitters also sells it in Fairbanks. 35 Whelen is an awesome Alaskan caliber. Believe it or not. It is harder to get 338 Win mag in factory because a bunch of polar bear hunters from the slope come down and buy it up. I really like 338 Win Mag in Nosler factory with 250 grain accubond. It sounds like the OP knows his stuff and will not be handicapped with it. 9.3X63 would be hard to find. But they do have it at Alaska Ammo.

They make excellent 30/06 ammo and bullets these days. It can do a lot and always has done a lot. However, 35 Whelen is an excellent choice when you expect to hunt a lot by yourself. Never know when a grizzly or brown bear gets a hair up its butt. Shot placement is everything but heavier grain bullets have more of an impact in knocking a bear down than lighter ones.

Last edited by kaboku68; 06/24/16.