Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
That would work wonderfully as long as the barrel can be punched out that far. A simple call to JES would confirm this. Here's a picture to show how much meat is there to work with. I'll bet they can punch it out to 35 cal:

Your questions about reloading can be answered in the big game reloading forum here. There have been many threads on what equipment to buy and what the beginning handloader should foucus on. Good luck with that venture. It's been good to me and I have not used factory loads for hunting for a loooooooong time.

Thanks bsa and duly noted, I will check out the reloading forum.

Also, other than cost, is there any real advantage in going with a Douglas SS Barrel, rather than a JES rebore? Are there any drawbacks to a JES rebore, i.e. accuracy issues? I know that the M70 Extreme Weather SS comes with a fluted barrel, so that may be a concern. Should I decide to go with a Douglas barrel, is 22" an optimum length and what about the # of groves?

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/26/16.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue