Originally Posted by High_Noon
It is chickenshit and I resent being treated like a second class citizen in my own country by some cop with an attitude, who thinks it's ok to lie to citizens and abuse their power. I also resent his 'probing' questions, especially since I had my 6 year old daughter with me, which are obviously designed to escalate the traffic stop into an arrest and he had no probably cause: "where you coming from? where you headed? do you have any weapons? what's in your trunk? who is the young lady?" all of which received the same courteous reply from me through the 4" opening in my driver's side window: "that's my business."

I know there's some good law enforcement officers out there, but they are few and far between now-a-days.

If the answers were thats my business, then it was your right to answer that way, but also why it escalated IMHO.

I've no issue telling em where I've been and where I"m going. Others do.

The daughter IE children are used to throw off cops from them thinking they'd not haul drugs with a kid in the car all the time, in fact I'd bet by today, its normal to think the child might well be an indicator.

I guess we are lucky, we really don't have much in the way of bad officers locally. Have one wrote a ticket to one of our fireman responding to a CPR in progress page, for speeding. He was goign a bit fast, but honestly on those types of serious calls I do to. Its life.

We had one trigger happy game warden, but he really wasn't that bad, just overly gung ho to find things. And we found when we baited him, it made it worse for us.

Finally got over those issues of having to answer none of your business and life has been smooth.

Don't take any of my comments wrong though, I'm just rambling like I generally do... its after 5, I'm home and de stressing from work at the moment.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....