Jeff: I agree that a push feed action can be every bit as reliable as a CRF and I appreciate your suggestion regarding the 700. In fact, I considered a Weatherby Accumark several years ago, but I was unimpressed with the abysmal metal to stock fitment on the ones I fondled about 5-6 years ago, which I thought was very odd for a company famous for their quality. What I appreciate most in a CRF is the mechanical advantage of the massive extractor claw. I’m just at a point in my life when I’d rather wait a bit to find what I’m looking for rather than settle for something less.

Regarding law enforcement, I agree with everything you said, but by the same token if you answer that you are ‘coming from’ Danny’s BBQ, you have no idea that a crime wasn’t just committed there by someone with a vehicle matching yours. My point is that any officer must have probable cause and their questions are designed to give them just that. In the example of an individual pulled over for exceeding the speed limit by 8 or 10 MPH such questions are not germane to the situation and again are designed to give the officer probable cause.

I also agree that abuse by a few has resulted in a bad name in general for Law Enforcement, and I too want to give credit where credit is due. Like most Americans (I hope) I was disgusted and appalled with the recent events in my hometown of Dallas. Another part of the problem is that the Pant-Load-in-Chief has created an atmosphere where we are more divided as a Nation than we have been (arguably) since the Civil War. Instead of using his position as POTUS to bring Americans together as a nation with common beliefs, goals, morals and values, the Unicorn King has done just the opposite. His admin., would rather fabricate lies and blame the availability of firearms, “radical right wingers,” racism, income inequality, ad nauseum for the climate of distrust and hatred we are seeing today, rather than recognizing and addressing the issues. Add to this the reality that the working middle class has been hit hard and there simply aren’t any (or very few) in these small towns and law enforcement is tasked with revenue generation, first and foremost.

Yep, law enforcement is a tough, dangerous and sometimes thankless job, but I think a lot of these guys have no business being in law enforcement.

- Kevin

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/18/16.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue