stlooiearch: Thanks for the clarification. No, I did not miss your previous post. In my estimation, Sako, although a very nice rifle is not a true CRF – it’s somewhat of a hybrid. I am obviously aware of the CZ in 9.3x62. The Ruger Safari/African in 9.3x62 looks like a nice rifle indeed! bsa1917hunter mentioned the Zavasta, which may also be an option for me.

As far as CRF rifles in .35W, the only complete rifles I have seen are used custom Mausers, a few Rugers and the Montana.

Regarding your statement that by going the .35W route, I am doing it the hardest way possible, I must respectfully disagree. Since a factory CRF .35W is a rare animal, I determined, with the help of the great members of this forum, that the most cost-effective way of getting what I want, namely a CRF in .35W with a sleek profile, that carries easy, and has great 'pointability' is to rebarrel a M70 or possibly a M77, but I don’t view the M77 MKII as excelling in the above characteristics. I think the most expensive and hardest way possible to do this would be a custom Mauser build through an experienced gunsmith. Doing such a build myself is an option, I am very mechanically inclined, but I have never undertaken such a project and I have neither the time, inclination or expertise to do so at this point in my life.

I am also aware that in some African countries, the 9.3x62 is approved for hunting Cape Buff., but that is not really of concern to me – unless I make a boat-load of cash, or one of my wealthy friends offers to take me on Safari – I’ll likely never get the chance to hunt the Dark Continent.

Since I plan to take up reloading for either caliber, I’ll be able to cook up whatever I want using premium bullets of my choice, i.e. Barnes, Partition or North Fork, etc.

As far as the job/position question is concerned, at 47, it’s difficult to have to face the fact that I am starting over, especially when the vast majority of my friends and family are well established and successful. Unfortunately, the successful business I had was devastated by the events of 9/11 and its aftermath. I’ve struggled to find my way ever since – not to mention the state of the economy and the problems it has caused for me. I am really past the point in my life where a simple job will allow me to accomplish what I want to in life. And though enticing the ladies into interesting positions is still of great interest, it’s not my primary concern at this point – providing for both my daughter and my future is much more critical, especially in this new liberal/PC world that has devastated our economy. Hopefully, things in the U.S. will begin to turn around in November.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/26/16.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue