Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by rost495
Brown bear wise, my buddy has guided since I can't recall when now...

His backup was 338 win mag and it worked all the time. He now runs 416 Ruger.

Just shot a pretty big bear for himself this year, first one for him ever. Said he wished he'd brought the 416. Not sure what that meant as I have not had time to talk to him since then. He has been busy and just sent a few pictures and htat note.

He has said before, that for some reason the only rounds he has been impressed with are 458 and 460, IF the hunter can shoot, those have been impressive stop/droppers.

Though many rounds kill.

Nothing said here on this thread would change my mind from 35 whelen as its what you want. Its why I went 338-06. Its what I wanted.

If specifically after big bears, I am likely to carry a larger round. Always wanted a 416 Rem and a 458 Lott for whatever reasons.
That said if it was a hurry up trip, I"d grab something smaller that I already had and realize my limits and just keep going.

Hmmm. Like Sitka dumb fu ck said there's not such thing as knock down power. Why aren't you using a .223 Rem?

Considering the source, I feel better knowing you are too slow to see the obvious, idiot.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.