Originally Posted by atvalaska
If stuff doesn't go right on a hunt or two..u would be hard presses to bum a few whelen rounds much ...much less some 9.3x62.....just saying

That, of course, is very true. It would be interesting to know just how often this happens. I have never had it happen to me, nor have any of my friends had it happen. I have also read where someone traveling to Africa gets separated from their ammo, but I know no one who has run into this problem. I am not discounting the possibility, but it seems remote to me. Also, TheKid had the great suggestion to scatter a few rounds in each bag, camp box or backpack. Taken a step further, you could also put a box of ammo in your buddy's pack and he in yours. I think such a tactic would go a long way to mitigating this problem should it ever happen. But maybe I am naive?

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/27/16.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue