In the interest of full disclosure, stlooiearch sent me a civil PM, with photos of the .35W AI, to which I sent a civil reply. This is how things should operate. There is really no reason for vitriol and contempt in this thread, and as I stated before, we aren’t discussing politics here.

My point is that when someone addresses me in a civil, respectful manner, I will reply in kind – the opposite is also true. I believe most people, other than perhaps the most pious among us, will agree with this statement. Herein lies the reason for the following post:

I offer my unsolicited perspective based upon the most recent rash of postings: As we all know, it is blatantly clear who the aggressor was in all of this. There was only one individual with angry and perhaps unbalanced postings. First, instead of simply posting photos to show-off a new rifle, with a description and perhaps a brief summary of any challenges faced during assembly and a list of future work planned (as he basically did in his PM to me), stooiearch instead choose to begin his post, in all caps, by addressing others in a derogatory fashion – in particular, me – since I was the individual who first used the term ‘mythical’ in relation to said barreled action and stock. Then, he disparaged the Remington 700, regardless of the fact that many on this forum own, like, and have had great success with that particular rifle. When politely asked to post additional close-up photos of this newly assembled .35W A.I., and after being given examples of such photos, he then made a conscious decision to accuse elkhunternm of thievery. Not only that, but he despicably brought a young child into the argument as a means to further deride and ridicule – as disgraceful an action as I’ve seen in quite a while. He then went on to denigrate elkhunternm’s, very nice 7x57, Edit: 9x57, accused him of being a troll, and then accused everyone else of being whiners and trolls as well. Quite oddly, he then accused him of having a small penis, criticized his Weatherby and his lawn tractor (?!) stating that if he kept trying maybe he could “get some as good as these.” I didn’t realize this was a contest. I was under the impression that this was a forum where people could go to seek advice from those more knowledgeable than themselves, provide expertise, show off new acquisitions, etc. I can honestly say I was completely unaware this was a forum where individuals were encouraged to speculate on the size of a man’s Johnson, based upon his choice of rifle.

Now, based upon all I have outlined here, I’d ask if any sane individual would consider your actions as a skillful or clever method of ingratiating oneself to the 24hourcampfire community? I think not.

Since you (stlooiearch) have chosen not to honor my request to contribute useful posts, I would refer you to my earlier post.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/11/16.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue