Originally Posted by whelennut
I don't understand spending thousands on a custom Mauser but not wanting to pay much for reloading equipment. Your call, none of my business.

wheelnut: If you’re addressing me (OP) with this comment, I don’t intend to spend thousands building a custom Mauser. I would certainly consider purchasing a previously built (used) Mauser-based custom (1909 Argentine, K98, VZ24, Obendorf, or FN Mauser) if the price was right and if it had all, or nearly all, the features I was looking for. I’ve yet to make a decision, but with the help of the great members of this forum, I’m weighing my options. I’m not in a hurry either.

As far as not wanting to pay much for reloading equipment, I see nothing wrong with purchasing used reloading equipment. Why pay retail when you can save a good chunk of change by buying used equipment that is perfectly serviceable?

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/27/16.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue