Yes, it was fun, but I'm not sure it was worth it - mainly due to the two speeding tickets I received. The first was just S. of Silver City. I was doing a whopping 7 MPH over the speed limit - you should have seen this A.H. do his power-slide turn, with sirens and lights blaring as he came after me - you would have thought I just bombed the U.N. - absolutely ridiculous - and although I was respectful to the officer, he still felt it necessary to call in back-up. I had no less than 5 cruisers surrounding me - this with my 6 year old daughter in the back seat. I'm sure being white, driving a Mercedes and having TX plates was all the justification he needed.

The second was when I was returning to EP - the Fuzz nabbed me for 9 MPH over the limit.

Let's just say I don't have a very high opinion of the NM State Police, but they gotta' generate that revenue don't they?

It amazes me that I can drive all the way to Alaska without getting a single ticket, but as soon as I cross the border into NM - watch out! SO a nice little trip with my daughter turned out to be very expensive and a huge hassle.

Say what you will, but traveling 7-9 MPH over the limit does not justify these two tickets.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue