Not a 457 American, but instead the Varmint model with a heavy 20.5" barrel.

In 2019 was assigned a review article on the then-new 457 by a magazine, and would have requested one from CZ but noticed this one for sale on the Campfire Classifieds. Bought it and mounted the only semi-appropriate scope that wasn't already on a rifle. The conditions weren't ideal except for just about perfect calm, since it was the 19th of February and I had to wade through nearly knee-deep snow to the shooting bench. The groups were fired at 50 yards with three different kinds of ammo, both hunting and target. The flier in the middle group was no doubt my fault.

Wasn't crazy about the trigger even after adjusting it to the minimum, so gave it the same sort of treatment described in 1minute's post, which got it down to a hair over 2 pounds. Sold a couple of my other .22s and started using this one instead. The short barrel makes it very handy for ground squirrel shooting from a pickup, and so far I haven't dinged a rearview mirror, as drover described (but did note his "fix," just in case). It shoots even better now that the bore's slicker. Oh, and it has a different scope....

[Linked Image]

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck