Originally Posted by K22
I bought another American stock at a decent price with plans on using a barrel with a different contour that may require opening up the barrel channel some. I installed my barreled action in it thinking I would start de-mudding my original stock. Torqueing the action screws to the 20"lbs. like my original stock had my favorite RWS Subs shooting 1" groups at 50yds. instead of the less than 1/2" groups it was doing. But, the Norma subsonics were under 1/2" and so were the Selliot and Bellier subs. Hhmmmm! There was no action movement in the 2nd stock using 20"lbs. so I started experimenting. At 35"lbs. there was action movement so I backed off to 30"lbs on both screws. That was the answer. Now the RWS subs are back to itty bitty groups and the Norma subs grouping has expanded. So interesting how different torque settings can make such a difference. Next I'll get it pillared with aluminum pillars then bedded. That should help out all of the different rounds I like to use.

Funny how the little things affect accuracy. In another thread, I'm asking about glass bedding a rifle and you say you'd bed it, and then I read your thread and I say, I'd definitely glass bed that one!! ha ha.. I was out shooting my 10/22 yesterday, testing a new trigger. Had that rifle out of the stock multiple times, checking the trigger. That means hammering out the retainer pins, polishing a little, and making sure it was perfect. After doing all this, the rifle never skips a beat: No POI shift at all. I like that, and it does not take much bedding to ensure that. Don't have to worry about torque on the action screws either. Just tighten and go.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Shot the staple out on that target^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA