Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'll be checking out one tomorrow.. Called my lady 70 miles away, who runs a small gunshop, about some 87gr v-max bullets. She's selling those to me for $26/box. I said I'd take all she has at that price. Then she tells me she has a rifle that I need to come and check out. The CZ457 American she ordered a few weeks ago, when I was asking if she had one in the shop. She's a nice lady and says this one is beautiful. I guess I'll be the judge of that tomorrow!!!
i hope this works out for you!... as for me, i ordered another 457 American 22 WMR yesterday... found an online seller that was willing to send pics... not lottery wood, but pleasantly handsome from the few pics IMO... best part is, the all in price will be a good deal cheaper than if purchased locally (even with the transfer fee)... money is on the way, and barring shipping problems, i should see it by the end of next week knock on Wood... kinda' feel like Ralphie waitin' for Christmas...

Thanks buddy. I checked it out today. It looks good, but not quite as good as the other ones I've looked at over the last 2 years. Some things I don't really like about it, is the matte finish, gritty feeling bolt, and the recoil pad looks cheap or poorly done. I bought the rifle, so I may end up putting a red pad on it. We'll see though. The bolt will be easy to smooth out, and other things will be easy to correct.

I traded my awesome shooting Savage MKII FVT target rifle for it though!!! Now I'll have nothing to do a side by side comparison with. I always like pulling the Savage out, and comparing every new rifle I get, to it. Most don't shoot as well. But nonetheless, I think I got a good deal on the CZ. I liked the Savage because it was the perfect sleeper. We'll see how the new CZ does, hopefully it impresses me!!!

Hopefully K22 doesn't mind me posting my findings and fixes on this thread. If not, I'll start my own thread on the rifle. We'll see what it's going to take to glass bed it. I am not going to be installing pillars or anything like that, but may do my cheap and quick bedding trick that I do on my 10/22's. But that depends on what it looks like when I tear it apart. Will keep you guys posted..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA