Originally Posted by K22
Came across another issue with the CZ457. Yesterday I was playing with the trigger again......... I know, I know, but I just can't help itcrazy Anyway, I set the pull weight to 1lb. even thinking I might like that. Put it all back in the stock and as I was tightening the action screws I lightly snugged up the front and rear screws, set my torque driver to 20in.lbs. rear and 25 for the front. When tightening the front I noticed action movement. Well that's always a sign of poor bedding, but then I checked the trigger pull and now it breaks at 11oz., so either the trigger housing is touching somewhere or the bedding sucks. I'll check both but I'm betting on the bedding.
Oh well, I was going to replace the pillars and bed the action anyway. No biggy.

Funny how that poor bedding has an effect on a lot of things, isn't it? If it's torquing the receiver, at all, I've seen this with other rifles as well. Doesn't seem possible, but one of the reasons I always say to glass bed them. Especially if you see action or stock movement, when you tighten your action screws. You really don't need a torque wrench when you have a properly bedded rifle. I've told that to Josh at pursuit of accuracy a few times too, but he's not very mechanically inclined. He will always be in pursuit of accuracy. He doesn't understand why he gets filers, first shot fliers, poor groups either. Poor bedding is the culprit for almost all of that.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA