Originally Posted by Huntz
I have three CZ 457`s .A MTR 22LR , Varmint 22 Mag and Varmint 17 HMR .I need an American in 22LR . The triggers are easily adjusted to 1 1/2 pounds using the trigger pull screw and sear engagement screw . I actually got them to 1 pound ,but that was too light for my sausage fingers .

That's pretty light. I generally have to think about the people that may be shooting with me, so I keep them very safe. Don't want to have an accidental discharge or any other accident happen with too light of a trigger. If you can adjust them down that low and keep them safe, that is great.

Recently I posted a thread on a Sako rifle that I recently bought, and one of our well known posters said you can't safely go under 3 pounds with that trigger. I told him I adjusted it down to 2 5/8 pounds, and I think some members felt that was unsafe. As with everything, it also depends on the rifle. As we know every rifle is its own entity. Some may go lighter and still be safe, while others will not be. I'm pretty diligent when adjusting a trigger. I'll adjust it down to where it is barely safe, so I know where the line is. I'll then adjust it so the sear engagement remains safe, and I'll also get rid of all the creep I can. I also don't like a lot of overtravel.

Also, keeping all of my triggers around the same pull weight ensures that when I switch from rifle to rifle, there will be no guessing or getting used to a different trigger. If that makes any sense. I like to bring multiple rifles to the range, and often duel them or pit them up against one another to see which one shoots better. I don't want a trigger to limit the mechanical accuracy or my muscle memory when going from one rifle to the next.

I know that sounds anal, but the second I have to think about my trigger, means that trigger needs some adjusting. The Sako I mentioned earlier slightly falls into that category. I wished the damn thing was more like a Tikka!!!!!!!! The guys that love the old Sako's are probably set in their ways enough that they are extremely biased. Too hard headed to want to admit that the Sako is not the rifle they think it is. Often said the Sako rivals the pre 64. They are nice, but let's not get carried away!!!!! ha ha.. Rant over.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA