Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by K22
You should have bought a 457 when you first seen them bsa.
With a spring change mine is down to a 12oz. trigger pull. I have another spring to take it down to 8oz. if I'm so inclined.
Most of my rimfires run around that 12 to 16oz. pull weight. My old Squirrel rifle is at 6oz. and the Rem. 541/581 is at 9oz.

Sounds good. Does the trigger feel good on the CZ457, after the spring upgrade? Just wondering. I don't like mine to be that light, but I do like a trigger that breaks with little to no creep. That's one thing I like about my new model 52. That trigger is very sweet. Just wondering how the American compares.. As for buying the CZ457 Americans that I saw, I am pretty sure the one small town gunshop still has one. It is 70 miles away, but she gets very little business. I may sneak over there, and see if she still has it. ha ha.. and that one was $600.00, but it was a beautiful rifle.

Yes, it feels real good. Has a nice break to it. I had to adjust the take up and the overtravel to get it where I like them.
I would go buy it. It may give your 52 a run for the money and like the 52's, the CZ is not an UL. Mine with the scope is a shade over 7lbs.
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by K22
You should have bought a 457 when you first seen them bsa.
With a spring change mine is down to a 12oz. trigger pull. I have another spring to take it down to 8oz. if I'm so inclined.
Most of my rimfires run around that 12 to 16oz. pull weight. My old Squirrel rifle is at 6oz. and the Rem. 541/581 is at 9oz.

Sounds good. Does the trigger feel good on the CZ457, after the spring upgrade? Just wondering. I don't like mine to be that light, but I do like a trigger that breaks with little to no creep. That's one thing I like about my new model 52. That trigger is very sweet. Just wondering how the American compares.. As for buying the CZ457 Americans that I saw, I am pretty sure the one small town gunshop still has one. It is 70 miles away, but she gets very little business. I may sneak over there, and see if she still has it. ha ha.. and that one was $600.00, but it was a beautiful rifle.

Yes, it feels real good. Has a nice break to it. I had to adjust the take up and the overtravel to get it where I like them.
I would go buy it. It may give your 52 a run for the money and like the 52's, the CZ is not an UL. Mine with the scope is a shade over 7lbs.

I just picked up my CZ 457 American on the 15th, 6 lbs naked with the mud stock. It came with a factory trigger pull set at 4lbs 6oz that I adjusted down to 2lbs 2oz without charging any springs in it, the factory trigger does have a nice clean break and it’s for hunting so for now it’s set the same as the Timney in my deer rifle. You said you had a gritty bolt in yours, check the bolt bottom where the serial number is engraved into it, mine was very rough and I had to polish it to remove that grittiness out of the bolt, the engraving is so deep you can’t hurt it. I’ve put about a hundred rounds through it with my grandson and the bolt’s very smooth now. One thing that I just noticed today is that the plating on the end and sides of the firing pin is pealing off, if you’re having any light strikes or misfires you might want to take a look at it.