Ok K22, since you gave the go ahead. I picked up the rifle yesterday (2-23-24). Didn't get a chance to work on it until 10:45 P.M. Worked on it for 2 hours. Checked everything and corrected a few small things. Here are some pics:

The first thing I adjusted was the trigger. This thing was breaking around 3.5 pounds, and there was a little creep from the factory. I don't think they had it adjusted properly:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I managed to adjust it down to a very nice 2 3/8 pounds:

Loctite when done:

Like I said the other day, the bolt was a little gritty feeling. You can see wear on the bolt body:
I polished those scuffs out, and lightly oiled it, and now it runs very smooth. Didn't take any pics of the finished work, but you can picture it. It's nice and polished. I hit the whole bolt body (the part that is in the white).

Next thing I did was I wiped the stock down with old english, for dark furniture. It helps to touch up spots, and brings a shine to the wood and finish.

A while back (when I made up my mind that I'd be buying a CZ), I bought some medium height rings. I'm glad they fit the scope perfectly. This is one of my favorite rifle scopes to use. I run them on my 10/22's, bolt action centerfires, AR's. You name it, I use this scope on everything:

We are going to see how it shoots in about 10 hours or so. I'm looking forward to shooting it. I like a lot of things about the rifle, don't mind the "muddy" finish, really like the trigger, like the checkering, and have high hopes that it's going to shoot well. I also don't mind the plastic pillars. You are not really putting a lot of torque on the action screws, so the plastic pillars should hold up well. We will see though. Thanks to K22 for letting me post my opinions on this rifle. I'll get some target pics up later today. Good or bad, we'll be seeing some targets!!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA