I should probably just shoot 5 shots per group, but am so dang used to shooting targets where we have to shoot 10 for score. My first impressions of this rifle is great. No malfunctions at all. It fed wonderfully. Very smooth, no hangups or anything unusual. Reminded me of my Winchester 52's.

However, the plastic magazine is weird/different. It may take a while for me to get used to it. I'm used to steel mags. I don't know if there is a break in period for these barrels, but wouldn't think so. I cleaned the bore before shooting it and it felt very smooth. I didn't really know what to expect for accuracy on this rifle, but have always heard CZ's shoot damn well. Some Youtube videos show otherwise, but I digress.

I left the range thinking it's a "hunting" rifle, I should only be expecting hunting rifle type accuracy. Didn't shoot anything real impressive, but I said I'd post results: Good bad and otherwise:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
What surprised me the most was some of the cheap ammo, like Federal Automatch, and some of the copper plated hollowpoints shot as well as some of the match ammo I tried. That is always a huge plus in my book. One of my buddies wants to go ground squirrel hunting soon, but I don't think I'll take this one. Even though it is squirrel hunting accurate. I have other rifles that are faster and shoot better/more consistently.. A17 for example.

First target of the day, and zeroing:

It doesn't shoot as well as my new to me Winchester model 52, but it functions every bit as well. The trigger feels great at 2 3/8 pounds. But if you shoot the 2 rifles side by side, you get a sense the 52 is more of a quality piece. The CZ seems to be a great rifle, though and offers a lot of rifle for the money. This was my first day impression of the CZ 457 American. Take that for what it's worth..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA