Originally Posted by PennDog
BSA,

Understand on the trigger pull - I have my hunting rifles set around 2lbs give or take and my “target” rifles set lower (or set triggers).

That Federal ammo you have is the UM1 stuff? Man I wish I would have known anything back in those days as I would have bought as many cases of that stuff as possible - I’ve only found a few types of ammo that could equal that stuff over the years and it was MUCH more expensive!! The Federal I was talking about was the “new” 711b ammo. It is shooting better than my Norma Tac (which shoots very well) and some of my SK standard ammo. Really like the stuff so far - finding it around $80/500 which is substantially higher than Norma Tac and more in the SK Match range.

I’m looking forward to both some more range reports from you with any different ammo types you come up with and K22s reports!!

Thanks for the information and sharing the results!!

PennDog

You guys here are always very helpful. I appreciate what you guys offer as well. You guys love shooting, and that is appreciated too!!!

The Federal GMM ammo I have is unique. In that I've never seen it anywhere, until the day I bought it. That was a couple years ago, and cost $45.00 for the brick. I would have bought more if they would have had it. The shop I buy a lot of match grade 22lr from sells ammo on consignment, or they buy old ammo and resell it, so you never know what is going to come in. I've found some old hard to find match grade ammo there, so it's always fun to share those results with you guys. Here's what the Federal looks like:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I found a date on the box, that said 1992, when I first bought it. I thought it was cool, and then realized how cool it really was after shooting it.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for some of the new Federal Gold Medal Match ammo, as I would like to stay true to Federal, as I've had so much good luck with that brand of 22lr ammo.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA