Great shooting! Those groups with the RWS sub and SK std plus look great. It may be hard to find anything that does better but half the fun is in trying.

I'm still waiting for some decent conditions to test mine - if it gets into the 30's it is windy and if it isn't windy then it is in the teens. I have some SK std plus that I am looking forward to trying, so far the little shooting I have done has been with TAC 22 and CCI S/V and they both are around 1/2" for 5 shots @ 50 yds.

You fixed a couple of things I don't like about the 457, I was disappointed to see that the cocking indicator is plastic and also that the ejector is plastic. Neither are likely a big deal but they just seem cheap, in particular I suspect that the ejector will eventually wear.
I am not a fan of the firing pin spring being exposed like it is, most all of my ground squirrel shooting takes place in areas where there is a lot of fine dust and I can see the possibility of a lot of dust build-up in that area.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.