Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Shot down in Flames!... got a call about 11 AM, 457 American 22 WMR showed up today. i popped in about 2 PM to take a look... the guy behind the counter opened the box and slowly slid off the bag as he showed me the right side first... wood was real decent with nice grain, a little figure and even some tiger stripe at the top of the butt going up over the comb, fore end and bottom looked nice as well ... i was starting to get a bit of a Woody lol... he seemed a bit reluctant to show me the left side, and when he finally did, my heart sank!... a large hideous multi layered bullseye covered the entire butt, with a couple smaller ones on the fore end, it looked even worse under a bright light... no amount of Refinish gonna' fix that... I declined, he was not surprised... could'a named this one "Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde"... when my pissy mood improves, i will continue my quest for a 22 WMR... maybe buy a "Royal" or a "Premium" and do a factory barrel swap?... : as a side note, that 457 American 22 lr that was priced @ $569.99 is now sale priced @ $519.99 as of today... Hmm?

What do you mean by "...large hideous bullseye..."?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.