Originally Posted by Scorpion
Death is merely the last piece to the life cycle puzzle. It happens to every single living creature. When I die, my body will go back to the earth. Nothing more, nothing less. I find it hard to believe that anything else can occur, especially due to a higher power. However, I'd venture to say that its perfectly natural to fear death, as we have built in mechanisms for self-preservation. Our mind subconsciously 'tells' us not to die, or do anything dumb that would result in death.
How do you explain the many accounts of folks dying, and after being revived reporting that they were outside of their bodies, and can identify things that happened while they were dead and seemed to float above their bodies watching the events unfold. For example, a child died on the operating table, and was revived just in the nick of time. When she came to later, she asked if she could have the doll that was in the lamp. No one knew what she was talking about, and she explained that she had been floating above her body when she died, and saw a doll inside the lamp which was hanging from a cord from the ceiling of the operating room. When they checked, there was indeed a small dust-covered doll in there which was impossible to see from any position other than directly above it. It was one of the physicians who recorded the story.