Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by derby_dude
The question is this if Christians believe that there is life after death and they are going to God and Jesus why are they so afraid of dying when the opportunity is presented? Why fight it!

I remember asking that question when I was about 10 years old. Never did get an answer.

I have many pages yet to read in this thread, so probably many have already responded to this.

But, as someone who almost died a month ago, let me address the question.

I am not afraid of death. I know Whose I am and where I am going, and I know that it will be better than anything I have here.

That said, I don't want to die. Maybe I should say that I'm not ready to die. I don't want to leave my husband, my children, my grandchild and my sister on this earth without a wife, mother, grandmother or sister. I know how much they love me. I know how much it would deeply pain them to not have me in their lives anymore. (I am not boasting; I am simply being honest here.)

But I don't fear death itself. I hope it doesn't hurt when it happens, but that is my own human nature speaking. I can't think of anything more exciting than finally getting to bow down in the presence of my Savior.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1