Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by bushrat
I don't think it's so much the fear of death that christians are afraid of rather it's the fear of going to hell should they somehow not make the requirements of going to heaven. Most christians have guilty conciences, most know they haven't truly repented for their sins.

Where did God come from anyways??

You may have a point there. I don't believe in sin any more so I no longer have a guilty conscience.
Where do you find your standard of right vs wrong? Is it just what feels right/wrong at the time? Most likely, if that's it, you are just going by your early formation, which was likely based on what Christianity teaches is right and wrong. What if you didn't have that formation? What would be right and wrong then?

Well there is no doubt that the Christian Code probably still has some foundation but Bushido, Yin and Yang, the Witch's Rede, the Sacred Feminine Principle probably are my main codes now.

Bushido:

"Honor before Life."

I learned in the military that honor is the most important thing even more important that life itself. Before I do anything I always ask myself is this honorable, if it is I do it. If it turns out not to be I take personal responsibility and live with the consequence of my actions. I have no regrets or guilty conscience.

Yin and Yang:

Balance in everything you do. Harmony is happiness. No guilty conscience.

Witch's Rede:

"If thee harm none, (including your self) do as you will."

"What goes out comes bank three times worst."

I have followed the Witch's Rede even though I'm not a Witch and so far it's kept me out of trouble. No guilty conscience.

Sacred Feminine Principle:

Women and men are sacred. The principle goes beyond that but that's the jest of it. No guilty conscience.

I hope this helps and as you can see Pagans do have a Code they live by. The biggest thing is that we remove guilty conscience and heaven and hell from our way of life. Most Pagans I know are some of the happy. sexy, and full of life people I know.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude