Originally Posted by BCBrian
Not quite Barak.

For four decades or so - I TRIED to believe.

I mean, no man on earth could ever loved his parents more than I did. If I do anything to see them again, and never die, and live in paradise - with them - forever - I'd jump at the chance. But my mind can't suspend its disbelief and Christians, no matter how hard they try, can't answer many of the questions I've outlined.

To think that EVERY peer-reviewed paleontologist is wrong, to think animals were all created within days of man, to believe in a Noah, and a world-wide flood - when there's no evidence of such, to believe the races of man are a few thousand years old, and life on earth the same - I just can't suspend my logical mind enough to enable unquestioning faith to take it's place.

There's wishful thinking (faith) and then there is reality - and observable facts.

I need to see (or hear about) real evidence - before I'll believe in ANYTHING.
Being a Christian doesn't require the belief in any of the above. I believe, in fact, that only the minority of Christians believe those things. Not everything in the Bible must be believed as literally true. For example, Jesus called the folks gathered on the mount "the salt of the earth," and "the light of the world." They were not literally that, but figuratively. Sometimes you look for the symbolic meaning behind the literal statement to find the truth in it.