The ultimate delusion is blind faith in the unproven idea that there is no God. The most religious people I have ever seen are atheists. The mental gymastics they go through to try and drag logic into their emotions is amusing.

I wish they'd just be honest and admit they have chosen to believe that there is no God. There is no hypocrisy or falsehood in that. It is a leap of faith to go from what can be observed to the status of any supernatural being, for ANYONE, regardless if they beleive in God or not.

The difference with real Christians--not the "on paper" types mentioned earlier, is that real Christians base their faith on a personal relationship with God. Because I know God personally, trying to tell me He doesn't exists is as nonsensical as telling me that my parents, wife, and kids don't exist.

To be blunt, several on here who claimed to have been Christians in the past obviously weren't. Oh, they may have gone to church and talked the talk, but it's extremely unlikely they ever had a personal relationship with God, and that personal relationship with God is what defines a true Christian. And if you want to know how a real Christian views death, read Shootists post.

I also find it amusing that the "logcial" reasons so many use to reject God are emotion-based. Like "if God were so good then why do bad things happen?" Their thought seems to be that because they can't fully understand God or agree with everything that happens; then God must not exist.

So maybe someone them can explain exactly what understanding and liking something have to do with the truth of that thing's existence?

Last edited by Blaine; 07/13/08.