Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Regardless of how long we are here on this planet, it does not even make a mark on what eternity will be. That's where Gods' plan comes in.

Forgive my ignorance but I have to agree with that statement if in fact there is an eternity, which leads me to the question, Why did he even bother creating it in the first place if it is only a stepping stone on the way to eternal life. Why didn't he just make us the way he wanted in the first place? It seems silly that he would create humanity only to pick and choose those that he approves of and cast aside others . To my mind it seems somewhat perverse to create the masses of which he claims love for each and every individual person equally, yet gives them minds that respond to him in different ways, some accepting of him, others rejecting of him, some that never hear of him, meanwhile he's only tolerant to allow passage of those who adopt his vision.

I don't reject that there is a higher being, nor do I accept it as gospel either. So many religions, so many theories, how do you choose? I grew up with a grandfather as a preacher, fire and brimstone Sunday school teaching grandmother on the otherside, and did much time in church, knocked on Gods door many times and found no answers and no comfort, not that I'm uncomfortable, just don't know if I'll ever see the 'light' grin Even today I pray for others, really don't know who I'm praying to but hope someones listening. Kinda looking foreward to the day I die just to find out the answer. In the meantime I'm gonna enjoy what life offers within the means of my conscience,(it's a strict one) be good to my dogs, maybe even to people, but prefer dogs! If there are pearly gates, I'll be expecting a good conversation, even if I get turfed. grin I guess I have faith in something, just not sure what.