Originally Posted by CZ550
If I were ever going to Africa again, it would likely be the only rifle I'd take.

Soon, I hope to shoot something worthy with those 320 Woodleigh PPs. The last time tried at the range, I shot two (trying to save some for a hunt) that recorded 2450 and 2451 fps (add 10 for correction to MV). That from RL-17. Primer pockets are v. tight after firing. But for hunting I either use new brass or once-fired only.

RL-17 is faster than H4350 but a bit slower than Big Game and MR2000. It's also less bulky than IMR4350. At a COL of 3.37", I have no trouble of loading up to 68grs behind the 320 Woodleigh in Hornady brass, though I've not tried 68 grs -- yet!

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

You bet CZ, and too me, 2400 fps with a 320 gr bullet is the pinnacle of efficiency in the 9.3-62mm, you're already there, when time allows, I'll be filing the rear express sight for the new load featuring the 280 gr BBW #13 solidslaugh, of course they're not needed, but cool as hell to have a mini rifle with both soft and solid loads just like one of the heavy big bores.

Trump Won!