I may have already posted this in this thread, but if I have, hopefully it is worth repeating.

The interesting thing about all this effort to hot-rod the 9.3 is that the original loading for the 9.3x62 was a 286 grain bullet at around 2150. That was 200 feet less than the current factory load, and was the load that established the reputation for this fine cartridge on ALL big game in Africa.

I have used and seen it used on everything in the Yukon, except sheep. Moose, Caribou, and both bears, as well as huge Woods bison, go down with a single shot in the heart lung area. I have only ever seen one bison that got up after being hit, and that was only because a number of other bison came and helped lift it back onto its feet.

My time with this cartridge is creeping up on fifty years of hunting and guiding, all of which has been with 285-290 gr bullets loafing out of the barrel at less than 2400. I have twice seen the 270 Speer used by a pilot friend on a bear and on a moose. Both were one shot kills

It started out as a poor man’s 375 and still is. Five in the magazine is a comfort too, although I have never needed more than two rounds.

Great cartridge!

Ted