Actually, the 9.3x62 is more generally "legal" in African than generally supposed--partly because local regs are rather loose. I was given the go-ahead to use mine on buffalo by the "game ranger" when hunting in the Selous in Tanzania in 2011 (where its supposedly not legal), partly because he'd seen how well it worked on bigger plains game. I'd already taken one buffalo with my .416 Rigby, so started carrying the 9.3 instead--but did not find a bigger bull so didn't pull the trigger. (Did find one with a broken horn. Probably should have culled him, but that's hindsight.)

Since acquiring my CZ 9.3x62 around 20 years ago, neither my .338 Winchester Magnum or .375 H&H (both on commercial Mauser actions) have gotten any use, since I have found the 9.3 at least as effective with 250+ grain bullets on the same sorts of game, with noticeably less recoil.

Locally I tend to carry it more these days, because we have far more grizzlies than we used to. Plus, it holds 5 rounds in the magazine, instead of the typical 3 of .338s, .375s or other magnums. This might never make a difference, but there it is.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck