Originally Posted by bluefish
Forum member cz550 would agree.

I've made previous comments here on the "Fire" but far more details in several past blogs.

My rifle is nothing fancy but very light. It's a Tikka T3 Lite with a Sako match-grade barrel. It replaced all my mediums for quite a few years, though I've added another .35 Whelen and a .375 H&H (my 3rd) over the past 18 months.

My Tikka with a 3 - 9 x 40 scope weighs 7.47 lbs, and with 3 in the clip magazine (286gr NPs) comes in at 7.7 lbs. With a 286 Partition leaving the muzzle at +2600 fps, recoil was more than my current .375 H&H that weighs 10 lbs with 3 in the magazi.ne.

Due to my age (88 next month) and bouts of arthritis, I've had a muzzle brake installed on the 6.3 x 62, which is much handier to tote in rough terrain that the heavier .375 H&H -which, btw, is a left-handed bolt-action. The Tikka is RH and very smooth. I've always shot from my left side due to a childhood accident to my right eye causing blindness to it.

I muchly appreciate John's responses.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus