Having used the 9.3X62 since the late 1970s, I'm actually smiling while reading today's posts in this thread. Just turned 78 on July 4th, and for the first few years of my hunting career I was a committed 375 H&H fan for really big game. It shot just as flat as the 30-06 and punched much harder. However the 20 inch MarkX carbine I carried while guiding had two faults, the recoil was more than deliberately obnoxious, and the muzzle blast deafening. Well do I remember the day I fired it beside a really big spruce tree. The blast reflected off the trunk of that tree was scary, and my left ear rang for an hour!

My first 9.3X62 was quite an eye-opener. It shot just as flat, dropped an amazing number of everything, including wounded bears where they stood, and was remarkably easy to shoot better because it kicked much less. At least it seemed to, and the rifle weighed more than a pound less than the 375s I had. Best of all, It held five in the magazine!

Tried hard to keep them, but sold my last two 375s this year. Have told a lot of people the 9.3X62 is a 375 with five in the magazine. smile

Ted