Originally Posted by GaryVA
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Very strange and I don't doubt it but my rifle doesn't seem to notice the 60 degree temp drop. I just checked and it was in the dead of summer when I worked on load development, reconfirmed my zero a week before my cow hunt and it was still dead nuts for POI but I did notice my group size was bigger (1 1/2" for 5 shots!!!!). I was pissed so I took it out on that cow laying next to my rifle in the previous pic. It was 35 degrees that morning when I dumped her but I only needed one shot, thank god grin By the way, the 286 gr. partition worked great even though it was of the blemished type whistle

I was in reverse. Worked up a load when cold and it didn't group well until the load was on the warm side. Grouped very well, easiy extraction and no visible signs of pressure problems. Then came hot summer temps and the same load was too hot, sticky extraction and signs of excessive pressure.

I hear that....I think that's a common problem but something that will probably get better in the future as soon as more companies get on the band wagon with the "extreme" type powders....Hodgdon is one of them and I've almost all but switched to their extreme powders. However, I don't know if I'll ever give up Imr 4350 or RE15 though, regardless of their sensitivity to varying temperatures...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA