It was some of MD's writings plus Ganyana's African experience that encouraged me to give the 9.3 X 62 a try, though at the time I was looking for another 35 Whelen.

It has lived up to expectations, and more, over the two plus years of extensive testing and hunting experience. In fact, it has replaced all "mediums", such as the .35 Whelen, .350 Rem Mag, .338 Win Mag. .340 Wby and .375 H&H, which have all been favorites, in my cabinet and affections. It comes exceeding close to the .340 Wby and H&H in ballistics, weighs 2 lbs less, is handier, very accurate and burns less fuel.

While I've had a a ton of experience with RL-15 in .35 Whelen, .350 Rem Mag, .375 H&H and .458 Win Mag, and assumed it to be THE powder for the 9.3 X 62, last year's experience with RL-17, and this year's further testing proves to me, at least, that RL-17 is vastly superior, at least with the 286 Nos. Part. I'll not give numbers, as my testing is not fully complete, but I'll say that it EASILY surpasses RL-15 by 100 fps and with less pressure signs. Perhaps not quite as accurate, but plenty accurate for hunting at 1.25" inch average... we're not shooting target rifles or trying to win competitive matches.

Just my experience... so far.

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus