Put the paddles to this thread because I have an interest in the heavy 9.3mm Woodleigh Weldcore bullets.

This got me thinkin' about'em again.

Originally Posted by JORGE01
Has anyone used the 325 gr Oryx on a 9.3x62 on very large game such as grizzly, moose, cape buffalo etc. If so what kind of results have you gotten?

Here is a video on penetration on water jugs with some 9.3mm bullets. The 325 gr one seems to be a cut above. I know water jug test are not the same as real game animal. But it gives a place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwFAVZmk7u4

Looked at the 320 gr. Weldcore SP when initially acquiring bullets for the new 9.3x62mm cartridge, but at the time they were relatively expensive and thought to be sub-optimal compared to the 286 gr. fodder.

FF/today, they are a relative bargain. (although right now MidwayUSA has .366/250 gr. NOSLER AB's for $40.10/50 box)

So, am again thinkin'bout the 320 gr. Weldcore SP, at ~ 2300 fps/24" Bbl., ahead of one of the IMR/H 4350 powders and CCI 200 primers.

Any performance value for North American Large/Dangerous game over Big Game/286 gr. A-frame/Oryx at ~ 2400 fps.?

Used as a woods/< 100 yd. stopping round.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GR