Originally Posted by Yukoner
Originally Posted by SU35
The results indicated the 9.3x62 handloads were in the 60,000 PSI range, which happens to be the SAAMI maximum average pressure for the .30-06.

I would think these PSI loads would be safe in a Rem 750 or M7400 barrelled to 9.3x62?

Would the 9.3/286's feed and function in the auto??

Brainstorming a re-barreled Rem auto with a 21" barrel and a stock shortened to 13".

(I have access to a inexpensive Rem 7400 in 06)

I am in the midst of rebarreling two rifles, a 760 and a 7600 to 9.3X62, just for fun! smile

Had an inexpensive 742 in 30-06 that I stared down that road with, but changed direction. Besides all the extra work, I am just not much of a semi-auto guy.

I can tell you that the 742 fed a full mag of 286 gr Lapua Mega round nose into the chamber mouth just fine.

[Linked Image]

They would not go all the way, of course, but went far enough that I am convinced they would have gone all the way home if it were a '62 chamber.

Keep us posted on your project,
Ted

Hi Ted (and others interested);

I once owned a .35 Whelen in M7400 (Rem. semi-auto) for several years -- perhaps about six or seven. It was a GREAT rifle! As good, in fact, as any bolt-action I've owned in terms of strength, function and accuracy. Although it would not fired the 250gr Nosler Partition at the same MVs as the Hornady or Speer. But it would give over 2700 fps with good accuracy from the 225gr NP. There was never a jam or failure to extract "hot" loads either. And I didn't use small-base dies just regular RCBS. I shot a decent bl. bear at 100 yds using the 200gr X-bullet at an MV of 2800 fps. It blew out the opposite shoulder leaving bone fragments in the exit wound. Bear went 10 yards.

I personally think such an outfit in 9.3 X 62 would be "the cat's meow". As you may well know, TradeEx sells a pump in 9.3 X 62. It's pricy though.

Best wishes and a Merry Christmas.

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 12/16/16.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus