Just for interests sake:

I use, and have only used, Hornady brass for my 9.3 x 62. It has served me very well. No complaints -- except for a minor one. Occasionally, one of the new cases has a slight flange at the mouth where the brass was cut off. I discovered that early on in my reloading attempts. It would keep the case from going all the way into the chamber. Now, I just trim all new Hornady cases on principle. New cases never fired hold 76 grains water. Once fired and resized holds 77 grains water. I was also informed by an impeccable source, that came indirectly from Hornady, that their 9.3 x 62 cases were manufactured by S&B. Some have given me an argument over that since the carton containing the brass cases says "Made in the USA". That's not uncommon in some manufacturing these days. It states that on my boxes of Hornady brass as well. However, that was eight years ago and it's possible that matters have changed since then. There appears to be a significant distinction in the volume of certain brands of 9.3 x 62 brass -- it's important to know that when sharing information. As well, COL and primer brand, including whether the primer is "standard" or "magnum" is ALSO significant. Rifle make and barrel length come into play as well. Then, it would be helpful, and polite, to suggest what approximate pressure is being used. I have written reloading manuals on a few rifle cartridges, and ALL such information is critical. All of the following has previously been documented here and elsewhere: Rifle = TIKKA T3 Lite (RH) in 9.3 x 62. Weight with 3 - 9 x 40mm scope = 7.4 lbs (4 cartridges of 286gr = 7.7 lbs). Primer = WLRM. Brass = Hornady. COL = 3.37". Barrel length = 22.44" (570mm).

I have had excellent results from Hornady 9.3 x 62 cases regardless of who makes 'em. At pressures of 60,000 to 64,000 psi, I've reused them several times over without a problem. And then I reuse them again in developing lighter psi loads. However, as previously mentioned, I ONLY use new-unfired cases for hunting purposes. But sometimes once-fired cases get loaded for certain hunting applications where max loads aren't needed or wanted.

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus