Originally Posted by Yukoner
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Ted,

Thanks for the report. It obviously always did work very well at those velocities, otherwise it wouldn't have survived.

But I got interested in what the 9,3x62 would do at "modern" pressures, meaning the 60,000 PSI of the .30-06. It turned out it worked very well, and with modern 250s at 2650 or so isn't just a "short range" round.

John

Agreed, John, and I do understand your interest. I have never used the 9.3 beyond 250 yards or thereabouts, but at that range it is still easy to hit vital areas on any big game we have here.

I will add, however, that it is not hard to clean five pigs off the rail on our silhouette range from the bench. That is 300 meters, 328 yards as you know, and far beyond what perhaps more than 80% of hunters are capable of in the field. But that’s another thread thought that might be worth starting.

Appreciate you starting this thread. Best,
Ted

Ted, I've had good results with the load you shared with me a decade back. I believe it was 57 grains of h4895 with a 285gr PPU bullet. I was easily hitting 300 yard targets both at the range and in the field. I believe that load clocked 2440 fps out of my rifle.