Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
JB. I trust your opinion that the 9.3x62 is a great cartridge but it seems to me that it’s handicapped by not being the legal minimum caliber in most of Africa for dangerous game and more gun than needed for most other hunting but at the same time not flat enough shooting compared to a 300 magnum for larger non dangerous game at longer ranges. It’s more of a political thing than a fault of the cartridge but given that what are your preferred hunting uses for the 9.3x62? I can see it nocking the snot out of an elk or moose at moderate range but you would be limiting your effective range compared to some other lighter rifles with less recoil. It seems like it’s great niche would be as a dual purpose larger plains game and dangerous game cartridge but it’s legally limited in what it can do there.

The 9.3x62 not only has replaced my .375 generally, but it's such a great general purpose chambering I've come to think of it as my "Alaska '06". With 286's it basically becomes a six shot .375 and I've had some times where I used up those six rounds. With 250's it shoots plenty flat for any purpose myself or many other hunters need a big game rifle for.