I have used the 9.3X62 along with the 358 Norma Magnum and 375 H&H for more than fifty years. Got my first 9.3 in late 1970s or early 80s. It was an ugly old 98 with a cracked stock and twisted front sight, but it worked.

Got my first 358 in 1968, a Husqvarna that carried nicely but could have been a bit heavier. Have had several since, including one custom rifle. Great hunting cartridge!

Guiding, I carried a 20 inch 375 that was terribly noisy, as you can imagine. Deafened me one time when I fired it beside a huge black spruce. Was quite impressed and pleased to discover that a 30-06 full of 220 gr Partitions did just as well, so that 375 left the ranch.

The past 15 years or so, have used a 9.3X62 with a 21 inch barrel that a friend of mine built. I had Bill Leeper install a NECG banded front sight and fit an old Redfield flip up aperture sight to the rear scope base.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Essentially, the 9.3X 62 is a 375 with five in the magazine. This one swings and points like an extension of your arm. It has been used on everything we hunt here, including grizzlies and woods bison. Oops, haven’t used this one on sheep. Turned 80 this past July, and haven’t hunted them for a while. The 270 still gets the nod for that.

The 9.3 is plenty and much easier to handle than any 375 I have had. As well, it easily cleans the 300 meter rail of pigs when fired from the bench at our silhouette range.

Sold both 375s and the 358 a few years ago. Sacrilege, I know, but managing to get along without them.

Ted