12344mag:
How long does it take you to make one of those points?

The small true arrow heads I can knock out in 5 minutes or so. Points/knives 4+ inches long might require 30 to 45 minutes. I've done some 10 inch implements, but not made any foot longs yet. Need to get out and find some larger material. Matched pairs are the real bears. The first is a piece of cake. Generating a second with the same dimensions/lines can take 45 minutes to an hour if I don't break anything.

I once did a set of 12 matched points, each 5 inches long, of varying colors, and mounted them in circular pattern in a shadow box for a RMEF fundraiser. All told there was about 24 hrs of labor involved. They were auctioned off and during those moments I was busy tending to some committee business. Some guy got them for $75. Had I been aware of the goings on, I would have bought them back for 3 or 4 times that. Spent $50 on the box and mounting. No interest at all in doing sale materials. Just one of my worthless hobbies.

I've not seriously attempted to master Folsom and Clovis techniques. My few efforts have mostly generated pieces that are snapped in half. They now reside in my neighbor's horse lot surrounded by a scatting of French words.

Huntsman22: Is that top left image of yours above glass or some very transparent agate? Glass, if one can find an old dump with gallon jar bottoms, is great stuff to work with. Unless heat-treated, agate and flint is tough material to work up. Obsidian can be extremely sharp, but not as durable as flint or agate.

renegade50 and JameJr: Some very nice stuff and a variety of implements there (points, knives, scrapers, awls, drills, and bifaces that could be used for who knows what). Nice collections indeed.

For pics it might be helpful to include something for scale. There's some really fine art out there that can be incredibly small.

Keep it up.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/08/18.

1Minute