Originally Posted by TheKid
Pretty slow today, mostly just a handful of scrapers and a few broken buffalo skulls. I did manage to find one beauty though. Haven’t had a chance to look through Oversteet to see what it is.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Man that is a nice point. I find flint arrowheads just fascinating. Haven't found nor looked specifically for any in 20yrs or since my health went downhill. I always ponder as to the how's and why's one ended up where I found it and how long it had been laying there exposed. Never have found a real nice complete one. Dad always amazed me with what he came up with while working fallow before no till and CRP came to this part of SD. He on numerous occasions spotted one from the tractor. Course back then we didn't have cabs and A/C. How they were designed and fitted to a shaft was ingenious IMO.

This I think is the most interesting thread I have followed on the net. So thankfull all of you have taken and posted pics as well as included some history of them. Thanks again.

Respectfully,
Dennis
PS-I did find a 63 or 64 Chev Biscayne hub cap one time though with an empty Pall Mall pack and flattened Buckhorn can nearby! Think that was Cheyenne?