Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Where I found that point on the runway, the fella that owned that place bought a collection from an old man in Elgin That ran a grocery store in town during the depression. He would trade groceries for points. Fellas that worked in the brickyard there between Elgin and McDade were always pulling stuff out of the shakers and off the conveyor. Bring it in and trade!!!

He had some great stuff.

Wow! I know the area well. Isn't it a shame just thinking about everything that was destroyed in the Bastrop fires? I remember going there after the replanting of trees and restoration projects and every single rock on the ground was fire popped and shattered. Everything. Seen a lot of great stuff come from that same area before the fires.

BnB,

There’s this cat right up the road from me has this site on his property. For something like $150 he’ll bring you a big scoop of dirt with his front end loader and dump in in front of you for your family and friends to go a-digfin’ thru. Big damn site. Lots of good stuff being found. Im sure lots of good stuff being missed and broken too. Oh well, none of my bidness what he does with his property. I really do not care.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS