Knapping is a great way to unwind and take your mind off things. Mathsr taught me how to knapp and I now have a cigar box full of points that I don't know what to do with. I get the value out of them while making them. I have learned more about what it must have taken for the native Americans than you can learn from any book. When you pick up a chip or a broken point you can often tell exactly what created it or broke it because you have been there and done that. I still wonder about the points people find that are true works of art. I am always amazed at the capability of the primitive people. They may not have been primitive, just different.

I'm not at that level yet and probably will never be but I can stand toe to toe with most of the point makers that lived around here. Most of the points we find on the surface were probably considered the Saturday Night specials of the arrowheads.

Three things that helped me the most are preparing the platform at no 1. Looking for ridges to remove no. 2 and using indirect percussion at no. 3.

Good Luck and have fun.