1minute Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Burns/Hines, Oregon, USA
12344mag:
How long does it take you to make one of those points?

The small true arrow heads I can knock out in 5 minutes or so. Points/knives 4+ inches long might require 30 to 45 minutes. I've done some 10 inch implements, but not made any foot longs yet. Need to get out and find some larger material. Matched pairs are the real bears. The first is a piece of cake. Generating a second with the same dimensions/lines can take 45 minutes to an hour if I don't break anything.

1Minute

Greyghost?
Are you familiar with a flint knapper from West Plains Mo who went by the name of Grayghost during the 70's/ 80's. He used gray flint from Texas and mass produced 10 to 12" points. You can find a lot of information on him by Googling the name Grayghost. I have a 15" point made by him. He had a very unusual knapping method.

I found my first point at approximately age six while digging fishing worms in our barn lot. Have my small collection and two other collections found by friends. No picture posting ability but will forward pictures to anyone who wants to post them to this thread. Have a few unusual artifacts that you don't see everyday. Need to photograph the frames anyway for estate reasons. GW

Last edited by oldtimer303; 02/08/18.

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI