Seems as though we've all been huddled inside lately with not much activity here. When there's a little sunshine, I put the lawn chair in front of the garage out of the wind and bang out a few points. Knocked out about 100+ in the last couple months, and with the exception of some fuel to pick up the rocks, costs have been minimal.

Here's a sampling with a few different colors of obsidian. Some are nearly transparent, but I can't come up with a simple method of capturing that in a photograph.
[Linked Image]
There's a quarter in there somewhere for scale. I think the longest (left center row) is 5 1/2 inches. Must be a macho thing. One tries to chisel out the largest possible item from each chunk of stone as opposed to generating something that's smaller and functional. Still some occasional frustration when I have one 90% complete and break it in half, but I'm getting better about that. The garbage man will find some pieces, but never a whole one.

Have about 3 buckets full of rock left, so I've got something to fill the time in the near future. Still need to stop and tie some trout flies though.

Have a good one, and spring will be here in a couple months.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/06/19.

1Minute