I saw a video from Africa from about 40 years ago. Some English explorers were hanging out with some little African tribe. I am not sure if these guys were Pygmies, but, they were pretty short.
These guys were so primitive they didn't even use the bow and arrow. They had the Atalatl. As y'all know, all the tribes, including the white Europeans, used the atlatl before they "got modern" and used the bow and arrow.

So three of these Pygmies were hunting an Impala. Some damn African game, about the size of the whitetail deer. They were walking through brush about 3 feet high.
They spooked up an Impala or whatever, it took off from 20 yards away and it was hauling ass, running from right to left about 25 yards away. The three African hunters let fly with their atlatl spears. The first guy missed, the second guy made a gut shot and the third guy made a lung shot. A four foot long spear with a pretty big head, that buck made about 30 yards and it piled up dead!

I was most impressed. These primitive savages could take down game that most of us guys with rifles would have a hard time killing.