Every point I've found has been around a water source, either a creek or a spring. As slumlord says, if there is a cave, cliff, or overhang, it's usually a good place to look. I have found quite a few here on my farm, as I have a large depression with a rock bluff, which has a spring coming out of one end, and a large cave system at the other. It must have been a major campsite, because there has been a ton of stuff found here, most before I bought the farm. It was listed in an book on the county, as being a known campsite. Actually, there are quite a few around me, some I used to find stuff when I was a kid, but access to all of them has dried up over the years.

The history books called "Kaintuck" the "Dark and Bloody Ground," supposedly because the Injuns were always fighting over it. It was said that few lived here, but that's BS, as there are too many artifact sites here in my part of the state, which prove they did live here. I know of one farm where there were so many arrowheads, that the people who owned it used to pay a man to pick them up so they wouldn't puncture the tractor tires. He supposedly dumped them in a creek. One local arrowhead hunter sold thousands of dollars of his collection to a man out of Nashville.

Yep, lots of stuff here, providing you can get permission to hunt, and have the time to do so.