Ticks, chiggers and mosquito's are so bad here that I usually don't even bother looking during the growing season. However, yesterday a cool front pushed in with enough light rain to keep the bugs at bay so I decided to put on the rain gear and go for a couple hours.

My favorite ditches haven't been walked since turkey season so I had a pretty good day.
Some pottery pieces, a crude tool, a blade, a beautifully made broken tip that's super thin with overshot flaking and a very nice Rice Lobed...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'll bet some bowhunter's think single bevel technology is new technology, it's not. Best guess, this single bevel Rice Lobed is probably somewhere around 7,000 years old. Interesting that the ancient point is beveled left hand. For reference the modern point is single beveled right hand.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Can't wait to get back into my spots, come on frost!

X-VERMINATOR

Last edited by xverminator; 09/22/19. Reason: Spelling

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)